Monday, May 21, 2012

Change...

Some say change is a good thing, some say it is fun.  For me it's hard.  Yesterday in Sacrament Meeting the Stake President announced that our ward would be splitting and that our Bishopric would be released.  Tears overcame me as I looked up at our Bishop trying to hold back his tears then finally giving in and letting a river run down his face.  My dad had the lip quiver and was fighting the tears as well.  I am 24 years old and my dad has served in some position of the Bishopric for 17+ of those years.  That is really quite amazing!!
We have the absolute best ward there is.  We all work great together and get along so well.  Everyone is so welcoming and visitors love to come to our ward where it feels like home.  The first Sunday of June we will meet with 2 other wards to divide the boundaries.  I am incredibly saddened by this and it is hitting me hard even though it hasn't taken place.  Yesterday was a very emotional day for me.  I laughed and cried as Payton gave her very first talk in Primary.  What a milestone that is for her! She did a remarkable job and I was so proud of her.  She spoke so clearly and never let her shyness show through.  I cried as I taught my last Sharing Time to all of the sweet primary kids of our ward.  I cried giving hugs to the wonderful Presidency I am a part of.  I cry thinking that Payton won't have her same friends in her Sunbeam class along with her teachers who go above and beyond their callings.  I hope that Payton will be able to handle the change and get to know the new kids and teachers and form a special bond with them.
I am very nervous for this change because this is my home ward the ward that I love so much the ward that I grew up in.  I pray that I will be able to form a loving bond with our new one and be able to find as great of friends as I have made over the years.
*********************
I posted this a few hours ago and just a minute ago I got this gift from a member in our ward.  I love serving people, and I had hoped to keep it a secret but someone ratted me out.

But something so simple just lifted my spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment