Thursday, February 28, 2013

Nice to Get Out...

For the past few months I feel like I have been cooped up in the house with nothing to do.  It has been cold for so long I have almost forgotten what hot feels like.  You know it's been a cold winter when it hits 38° and you roll down your windows and drive! I am looking forward to the 50° weather that is in the forecast this weekend!  Either way Carlin and I weren't going to let the weather come in between our zoo tradition.  Which ended in our favor because the weather was quite nice.  The sun was shining the whole day! I hope Carlin plans on coming back the last Wednesday of February every year that she is gone.  If you didn't know the zoo is free that day along with a couple other days.  Carlin and I are all about cheap fun!  It was my first time being back to the zoo since they put in the bear attraction. I thought it was so much fun.  The bears were chasing each other and jumping in the water, it was really fun to watch.  I was a little bummed that the Polar Bears exhibit was being cleaned so we didn't get to see them, but the seals were another fun thing to see.    
One day the Hogle Zoo will be done with all the construction and will be cool to see but not for a few years since they started up another area and have half the zoo is closed.  Either way I love this tradition and I love getting out of the house and especially love being with Carlin!








1 comment:

  1. I think the pictures turned out super cute! I LOVE this tradition too! I felt so rejuvenated after our outing. I look forward to it every winter! I'll have to make special plans to come back for this for the next few years. I love being together and letting our kids play and us getting to just talk and talk! Love you!

    ReplyDelete