Thursday, February 7, 2013

Moving Up...

 I love that Connor will finally let me read books all the way through to him.  He will come and get me with a handful of books saying, "book".  I love when Payton draws pictures for us.  I especially love the one she just drew of our family.  When she showed me she pointed out who was who but she was missing Connor.  I  asked her where Connor was and she told me, " I didn't want to draw Connor in my family." Sad.  Needless to say I won the battle and she happily added Connor to our family -phew.  I love how excited they both get around 5:30 when dad rings the doorbell. They both quickly run while yelling, "DAD" at the top of their lungs over and over again.
I love how humble Nic is.  He is blessed to know so much about anything and everything but won't show it off.  He will listen to anyone and agree with what they say.  I find this to be an amazing quality, one that I truly admire that he has.  I love how hard he works at home, in his calling, with others, or at his job.  Today he started a new little adventure with his job.  He is officially- unofficially the foreman of the day shift at work.  Today is the first day that they split the job into two shifts.  It's amazing how much this business is growing and progressing.  Nic has a key to the building and has to be to work at 5:30 a.m to start up the machines for when the first shift comes in at 6. It will be so nice to hear the doorbell ring around 3:30 and have Nic home with us.


2 comments:

  1. Um, why does Nic ring the doorbell at his own house? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does it so the kids can answer the door for him. They love it! It's lets them know daddy is home!!

    ReplyDelete