Thursday, March 15, 2012

One Year...

 I have been saying it all day, I can't believe that a year has gone by.  I can't believe that Connor is 1!!! What a year it has been.  I can't imagine life without this sweet boy in it. He has so much energy and 90% of the time has a smile on his face.  I love him so much!!
 For his birthday we had the family over for a bit of a different dinner.  In honor of Connor and him not being able to use utensils we all ate our finger food dinner without utensils.  And when I say finger food dinner, I'm talking about spaghetti and green salad.




 It's a good thing we all didn't look like this...
 Then it was time for the rest of the family and friends to show up for presents and cake and ice cream. He got so many fun gifts that will keep him... and Payton entertained.
 I would love to be a good cake decorator, and always have these visions of what my masterpieces are supposed to turn out like, but after yet another cake gone wrong I am thinking it will be a talent that will come to me in the next life!!


 It didn't take long for Connor to get into the cake.





 It also didn't take him very long to discover he was done...
Happy Birthday little man we love you so much.  A few things that Connor is doing... Yesterday he started climbing up the stairs, he will walk holding onto the couches, when he drops things from off of his tray he says uh-oh. He throws everything! Loves balls especially basketballs. He has started using cars like cars now. He waves hi and bye, if he likes something he will point and grunt.  He loves AJ (my aunt's dog) he loves eating everything, including but not limited to mud, chalk, hair etc... which make for some very interesting diapers. He gives high fives and drools constantly.  He loves his sister even though she picks on him all the time.  One day she will learn, especially since he has started biting.  Don't stick things in his mouth that don't belong!! He is off the bottle and drinking whole milk now out of a sippy cup.  He does use a spoon, but it's usually to bang on his tray with.  We are so happy to have him in our lives and we love him more and more everyday!!

P.S. Thank you family for putting up with my weird idea of eating with our hands, you were all good sports!


*********************************
Happy 34th Anniversary to my parents! I love them so much and am grateful for all that they do.

2 comments:

  1. It was a good night! Happy Birthday Connor! And P.S. the picture of your parents is CLASSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, WHY'D you say the cake was a fail?!! It is SUPER cute and SUCH a cute idea!!! And I am so happy you recreated the picture with your parents!!!! That is so cute and definitely a keeper! (I still think your mom looks a lot like Laura in the first one!)

    ReplyDelete