Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5...

March 5.  It's just a date, but it's a date that weighs very heavily on our family.  First it was the date that my aunt was born, then it was the date that my cousin's daughter was born.  Then it became one of the hardest dates on March 5, 2002 when my older brother died from a car accident.  On March 5, 2007 it was the date of Nic and I's first kiss.  Today March 5, 2012 it is still my family members birthdays, and also the 10 year mark of losing my best friend. I miss him more then words could ever possibly say. Today is also the first day of the horrific trial that my aunt has to face.  My aunt has to face the man who murdered her daughter, she has to relive the horrific details of her daughters death.  And today my uncle goes in for a CT scan where we hope they don't find anything wrong.  It's just another day, but it's a day that we will never forget.
My parents were very reluctant and had a hard time parting with some of Gaven's shirts for Joni to make a quilt out of.  None of us could have even imagined how perfect the quilt would turn out.  But once again Joni shared her amazing talents and my parents have a beautiful quilt they can use daily as a reminder of their perfect son and the life he had. 



Yesterday we brought up why his favorite shirt wasn't in there.  It was a white fox shirt that he loved wearing and my dad told us it was the shirt that he wore the day of the accident.

2 comments:

  1. What a great quilt to have! I know when my Grandpa passed away they took all of his ties and made a quilt. I LOVE to look at it, and remember each one! Sure do LOVE you and am thinking of you on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that Joni did that. When you talked about the white fox shirt, I felt a pit in my stomach. The pain is still so fresh, ten years later.

    ReplyDelete