Friday, August 8, 2014

August...

 Has been such an exciting month already...

 We went on a picnic to the Harrisville park and ventured over to the splash pad with Carlin and her kids.
















 Dallin was very upset that he didn't have his own swimsuit, so he stayed back and cried the whole time! Poor kid.
 After the splash pad we made our way down to Salt Lake to go to the zoo with some friends.  Unfortunately with some bad time scheduling and trying to do too much, we stood Keely and Tyler up at the zoo.  I did some work for Jason and had to go down to Herriman then we got stuck in really bad traffic and were unable to make back in time to the zoo before closing.  We didn't want to make the trip a complete waist.  We ended up going to dinner at Tacanos and stuffed ourselves with meat, pineapple, beans, mixed veggies, salads, breads, and mango Brazilian lemonade.  After doing so Keely informed me that she was doing a 5K at 10 that night.  I decided I would like to do it too. So without any training other than soccer I ran the entire 5K with Keely's family an hour after over indulging  myself with food. 

 This is typical Keely and I.  Always has been.  I fell behind Keely as I stopped to fix my glow stick on my shoe.  I didn't realize I was only 200 yards from the finish.  So when I found out where the end was I started sprinting and passed Keely, because she wasn't sprinting yet..  It wasn't long after that Keely came whizzing  by me finishing before me.  Our time was 27:19 not too shabby for not training.

 The next morning was Harrisville Heritage Days.  We went to the parade then over to the park to play games at the booths. Payton absolutely loves getting her face painted! She chose a unicorn while Connor chose "Octimus Pime".

 A picture with our local chief before Hunter and Dallin left.  Seriously love this guy!
 Two peas in a pod.  Lydia and Payton hung out most of the day, danced the night away, and watched fireworks together.
 At 2:00 that day I had a bridal shower at my home.  Again not being smart with my time I got to my house at about 1:50 and hadn't even cleaned it yet! My aunt Tammy and Carlin were already there and Tammy was cleaning up the clutter.  Embarrassing! It wasn't too bad but she knew it needed to be done.  So thank you Tammy, and sorry!
I made this for Daniel and Emma-Leigh and I think she liked it!
On Tuesday we celebrated Brock's and McKay's birthday by going to the zoo.  This made my kids very happy since they were so devastated when we didn't make it on Friday.






















On Wednesday we celebrated Brad's Birthday by going to dinner at Chili's.  Thursday the kids and I went to the fair and that night we celebrated my mom's birthday by going to dinner to Applebees.
 







A little then and now to celebrate mom's 57th birthday.


1 comment:

  1. Tons of fun! I love and hate the days that I have so many places to be, good to be busy and going around but sometimes ends in disaster of not getting to everything!

    ReplyDelete