Monday, August 25, 2014

Catching Up On Our Month,

 I can't believe that summer is coming to a close soon.  Payton starts school on Wednesday!!! We have been MIA for a few weeks so let me bring you all up to date.  In a weeks period our car broke down, our computer crashed, and our garage door broke.  And just when we thought the mishaps were done our  furnace that we bought last June came up with a code and stopped working.  With the type of air conditioning we have we have to run our furnace fan non stop or no air comes through the vents.  I'm happy to say everything is up and running now.  Our computer was beyond repair so we had to get a new one.  Nic ordered parts and was able to fix the garage, and the car battery is shot.  The furnace is up and running now, turns out it shouldn't have even been working in the first place, the nimrods messed up on the wiring. Other than those few frustrating mishaps everything else has been great.  Here are some of our highlights from the last couple of weeks.
 My cousin Daniel got married in the Idaho Falls Temple so we made a weekend trip out of it.  We stayed at my aunts house Friday and Saturday and headed back home on Sunday.  After the wedding breakfast on Saturday morning we went downtown to the farmers market.  They also had a bunch of booths set up with fun things for the kids to do.  We also spent a day playing at the Lava Pool.  Payton loved going down the big red slide, while Connor is perfectly content playing at the splash pad.












 We spent a day in Bear Lake.  The Monday before my mom had to go back to work Maddie and the kids and I met my parents up at the campground then made out way to the beach for a picnic, playing in the water, and renting jet skis.  Of course no bear lake trip is complete without shakes.
























 We were able to go to the Ogden Temple open house.  I'm so happy that it is complete! I can't wait to go back to do a session.  It is as beautiful as everyone has said.  I absolutely love this temple!!!


 We have gone fishing several times in the last little while, but this particular night we actually caught fish!!!


We were able to have a pool party with the Montgomery's at my grandparents old house.  We sure had a great time swimming and reminiscing on our fun memories we have there.  I have some pretty awesome cousins.












Sadly this is where my pictures end.  There have been many other things going on such as school shopping, back to school night ,Payton's Kindergarten Assessment and so much more.  My mom was released from YW so she is no longer serving with me, she has now been called as the Relief Society President.  I already feel so lonely with out her.  Nic was in a night golfing tournament and we're waiting back to hear if they placed.  Oh one more thing we did was we started walking the river parkway.  We want to do it all but just little incriminates at a time.  I am so impressed with all that they have done so far.  They have really worked hard.  This picture is at Crystal Cove.  It is on 21st behind Walmart and it is a small kayaking park.  We want to take tubes down it maybe next summer.

1 comment:

  1. Aw I love the pic you snapped of us at the temple! Thanks for posting that!
    That's so awesome your mom is RS president! She will be so awesome. Has she been in that calling before? So sad you can't serve together anymore though :(

    ReplyDelete