Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lucky #7...

 Yesterday Nic and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary.  With it being our 7th it's a pretty significant number to us.  Since we were married 07/07/07 at 7:00 a.m in sealing room 7 at the Bountiful Temple. And no, none of that was previously planned that's just how it worked out.  The date was chosen because it worked for both of our families and none of us realized the date until a coworker of mine pointed it out. My first choice was to be married in the Salt Lake Temple, but with that date it was already booked.  My next choice was the Bountiful Temple.  We called and they had a 7:00 a.m opening or a 6:30 p.m. opening.  We went with the 7:00 a.m and with us having a big group they put us in one of there bigger rooms which happened to be 7.
We probably should have gone to Vegas to celebrate, but we didn't.  We kept it nice and simple. After a trip to the library as a family we dropped the kids off at my parents.  My mom has been wanting to have the kids over for a sleepover for awhile.  It worked out to have them over last night so Nic and I could celebrate.  We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then went up to Pineview to fish.  We're just getting into this fishing thing, so neither of us really know what we're doing but we had a fun relaxing time anyway.
Flowers from the hubs...
 This year the traditional gift was copper.  So a little help from Pinterest and this is what I did.  How fitting for this particular year.  And I was able to find a penny with each year we have been married on it.








 This was the picture we came out with when I asked to do a fish face...

 It looks like the kids had a blast at their sleepover.  I guess I should go pick them up now so I can hear all about it...





No comments:

Post a Comment