Friday, May 3, 2013

Nic's Birthday, and lots of pictures...

 Nic turned 28 on Monday the 29th.  It has become an annual tradition to go to the AMA Super cross for his birthday, since it's always right around his birthday that it comes to Salt Lake City.  This year the stadium was packed and we are sure it was because of the weather.  We have gone for several years and have experienced all type of weather but this year was the first that it was sunny and warm.  Nic kept telling me that he loves that I love to do this kind of stuff with him. I love him so much and love the time we get to spend together.  Monday we went to dinner at Tepanyaki with our families.  We had such a great time all together and may have started up a new tradition.  It was Nic and I's first time there and we loved it!







 These next pictures are a little out of order but they are just of a few things we have done.  Before the super cross we had the stake family 5K we were so impressed with Payton.  She rode her little trike the entire way.  Her little legs were going as fast as they could but with such little rotation of the pedals she was doing much more work then what was showing.  She did it all with out complaining and kept telling us that her tennis shoes are awesome because they don't make her tired.  She ran the last 50 yards of the 5K I couldn't believe her energy. 


 A couple of weeks ago Payton finished reading the beginner books that the school sends home so I rewarded her with her very own Library Card.  We have since been back several times to get more books.  She loves that she is reading "real books" now. 
 Also before the super cross and after the 5K Nic helped chop down a nasty cotton tree from my parents back yard.  He admitted to me that it scared him and that he was shaking pretty bad.
 I remember when I was younger and with friends and family we would get in cattail wars it makes the biggest mess but it's so much fun.

 Since the super cross and our weekend trip to the Knolls Nic has been having this itch to go riding, I must admit I have too.  So last night we went out in the field and played around for awhile.










No comments:

Post a Comment