Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Milestone...

I have reached a pretty big milestone in my life.  I am now a quarter of a century old.  The big 2 5! Not a big deal right? Wrong! It's a big deal for me for some reason.  I am not the young thing I used to be and that I sometimes think I still am.  Kids that I used to babysit regularly are at the age that I so vividly remember and that I find myself still relating to.  Garrett Henderson received his mission call a few weeks ago and his younger sister just made it as a Fremont cheerleader and will be receiving her YW medallion on Sunday.  That's crazy to me! I am also so proud of them and who they have become.
My birthday was on a very hectic Saturday this year and since we were booked all day Nic and I were able to go out on Friday, of course after we went to the doctor for his consultation for his hernia surgery.  Good news the doctor says they won't need to fix it.  They will just watch it closely and if it causes Nic any problems then they will fix it! Big relief for us!  Anyway after that we dropped the kids off at my parents and made our way to Tucanos for my birthday dinner.  When we finished eating we took trax over to City Creek to do a little shopping. 
Saturday started early with me going to the Church Farm and weeding the gardens.  I did that until it was time for Nic to load up chairs from our church and take them to the stake center.  After that we had an Elders Quorum volleyball tournament with the wives.  And then we had time to eat some lunch then it was off to run some errands.  We came home and Nic left for Priesthood leadership meeting while I mowed the lawn then got ready for the Adult session.  We started are day at 7 a.m and stayed busy with church stuff until 9:30 that night.  So thank goodness we were able to celebrate a little on Friday!


Monday was teacher appreciation night at Dinosaur Park so the whole family met there for dinner and to walk around.  Of course a trip to dino park would not be complete without Cameron's impersonation of a Raptor.  He had us all laughing so hard.








No comments:

Post a Comment