Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Come Together...

 Our stake was asked to hold flags from 18th to12th street for the precession line for the funeral of Jared Francom, an officer who was killed last week. I can't express the emotions that were felt.  It was such a neat experience, but one that I hope to be a once in a lifetime event. 
 It was hard not to shed any tears seeing how the community came together to honor someones life.

 We stood for 45 minutes watching the precession line and ended up leaving before it was done do to tired cold kids.  I had no idea there were so many policemen! The support of the officers alone was amazing! There were several from Idaho Falls, Boise, Wyoming and pretty much any city in Utah.
Payton gave in and fell asleep all bundled up on the sidewalk.  My sweet little homeless child!

1 comment:

  1. Our stake was asked to send our scouts too! I agree that it was so neat! Oh and I think you have a cute homeless child ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete