Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer Fun...

This summer has been a crazy busy fun one! Now that we have trek out of the way I think things might begin to slow down... 
We had a great crop of strawberries this year..

We all love swimming...
And we went fishing, both kids were able to catch something which is always a good thing.


Summer brings cuts and skinned knees.  Payton is such a sweet big sister.
We love summer time at the drive-in!
We watched Inside Out and loved it!
The kids ended their season of T-ball.  Amazing the improvement from game one.






Did I say we love swimming?  At the beginning of summer we bought a season pass to Lorin Farr Pool.  It quickly paid for itself.


Heritage days was pushed up for some reason, but the kids had fun.  Payton loved being in the Ninja Warrior tournament.

Creepy...


Monday June 29 bright and early we gathered to go on trek.  Nic and I were Ma and Pa to 6 youth of the stake.
left to right
Sam, Colton, Reese, Blakely, Shauny, and Maria.
Nic was the champ at stick poles.








Such a wonderful place.  We all instantly were able to feel the spirit of this place while a boy from our stake played "Come, Come, Ye Saints" on his violin.

After Nic doing so well with stick poling everyone wanted him on his team for tug of war.
The stake..
Company B...
We had a great family, no complaining, and hard workers.  Nic and I hardly touched the handcart.
Modern day pioneers, selfies and all..
The women's pull.  This was quite the sight to see all of the men lined up with their hats off lining the way of the trail.  It was silent and many tears were shed.



About 2 miles from camp we got caught in quite the rain storm.  The temperature went from 93 to low 70's in minutes.  We were actually shivering!

We came back to puddles in our tents so the afternoon was spent drying out..
And getting my hair washed. 
The 9th ward group. 
 Trek was a wonderful experience and a little difficult.  Being 23 weeks pregnant took it's toll on me.  I am still trying to recover and dealing with swollen feet and lack of energy.  I can't imagine being further along like lots of women were.  The spirit that was felt, the bonding that took place and the care of my sweet husband are things I will cherish forever.
This was a really great sight... the kids came running to the field to me actually tackling me to the ground.  I love these kids of ours and am so grateful for everything we are blessed with.
 During trek I had about 15 people watching after me but none took as good of care for me as my sweet husband.  He hardly let me carry anything, made sure I was drinking water, and made sure I stayed comfortable.  I was sure glad he was by my side.
 We got home from trek July 2 and on the 3rd we went up to Logan for our family party and fireworks.  Everyone really enjoys rocket building.

 But you really can't go wrong with the firework display.
 Bright and early the kids were up for the bike parade.  They love decorating their bikes and riding them.

 My mom caught lettuce from the parade . Don't you just love hometown parades?
 A little nap before a BBQ and fireworks in Farr West.
 Sure make a water slide in the hot hot heat...





 Sunday I went and visited Kat and her little baby.  Keely showed up a little after so we took a picture of us 3.  Kat's due date isn't until July 27 so I was hoping to  get  a baby bump picture of the 3 of us, but little miss Isla May had other plans.
 After was family dinner at my parents and we had another sweet little visitor.  My cousin Ian and his girlfriend brought their sweet little boy Sebastian for a visit.
All these babies get me excited!  Same with Payton she can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment