Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference Weekend...

 Our weekend fun began on Friday when the kids and I went up to Logan for the Baby Animal Days.  The kids had fun seeing all of the animals.  They loved being able to hold all of the cute little babies, but the highlight of the day was seeing the peacock show off all of his feathers.  Connor was so cute and kept saying, "Do you hear that it's saying owww owww"







 Later that night we went to Tucanos for one of our free birthday meals.  Connor was a champ at eating the meat, Payton only found the "chicken nugget" a.k.a chicken heart to be appealing. Shhhh she doesn't know.  After dinner we walked around the Gateway for a little bit and had so much fun playing in the fountain.  This was definitely the highlight of my night.





 Saturday while the men were at the priesthood session us girls got together to make a craft.  We had so much fun together crafting.

 I love General Conference.  It's a holiday in my calender.  Lots of time spent with family and lots of food to be eaten.   I love being able to hear stories and testimonies from leaders of the church, stories that I can apply to my life, and testimonies that strengthen my own. I found these quotes on Pinterest but loved that they were ones that stuck out to me before I found them there.  Elder Holland's talk stuck out to me as his usually does.  There are so many times that I try to just ignore what people are saying to avoid confrontation and being hurt by those I love.  It happened to me a few months ago when I stood up for what I believed in and lost a good friend to my comments.  I don't regret what I did and feel good for having said something.

 How true is President Monsons thought on showing the greatest love in my home. I show my love to my family every day, and it's nice to know that it doesn't go unrecognized though sometimes I may feel that way.
 I just smiled and thought of my life and childhood as Elder L. Tom Perry spoke.  I too had a wonderful relationship with my grandpa helping him with the lawn and garden.  His talk put into perspective to me the real importance in life.  And I have to agree with him that our little family compound is Heaven.
Last night we were also able to attend Jeanne's setting apart.  She is going to be such an excellent missionary.  I know she will touch lives and have an impact on them forever. Today as I watched her take her last glance at her home for the next 18 months it hit me that she is leaving.  She will be greatly missed during her service.

No comments:

Post a Comment