Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter Blues...

 It was predicted that we would have a bad Winter, but what exactly did a bad Winter mean? What I didn't know in the Fall I know now.  Utah's bad Winter means: Long periods of freezing temperatures, inversion that won't go away, good snow storms, and bad ice storms. Yesterday we had quite the storm.  One that I have never seen before. They called it freezing rain.  It was the strangest thing, it was rain until it hit something then it would freeze instantly.  It was as if Frozone from the Incredibles came and covered everything in a sheet of ice. The main streets were ok to drive on, the smaller streets were a little harder, but parking lots were insane!   Last night I had a soccer game followed by a basketball game and we were lucky enough to not turf it on our faces at either place. The kids just stood while we pulled them on the ice.  Of course I am married to a Rich so we had to spin doughnuts.  Once our doughnut was done we would just keep sliding backwards never really coming to a stop. Although it was quite fun I am ready to see the sun! I am pretty much done with being cooped up in our house.  I want some spring weather!







No comments:

Post a Comment