Monday, January 7, 2013

New Curriculum...

Our Sunday went a little differently than I am used to.  Instead of rushing to eat and get the kids and myself ready for church it was much more relaxing.  We fed the kids without even mentioning the words "hurry or faster".  Instead we enjoyed the morning and got ready with out feeling rushed.  We were ready to walk out the door by 10:00. So we sat and sat and sat until it was time to go to church for our 11:00 meeting.  It was a little difficult though because Payton isn't feeling well so we kept her home.  Nic stayed home with her while Connor and I went to Sacrament. Connor loves nursery now! He has been so good and will basically run from the chapel to nursery all while yelling "choo choo".  His favorite is the train table. I arranged for Maddie to skip out on some church to watch Payton because I needed to be in Young Women's and Nic needed to be in Elders Quorum to teach.  That's a little difficult to have a sick kid at home and not be able to miss church.  Oh well it all worked out and I know Maddie didn't mind.
This year the church came out with a new curriculum of teaching.  Since everything is digital they want us to use the technology that is given and teach with it. We no longer have lesson manuals but just a small out line of things that should be discussed and different videos that can go along with it. The church wants the youth to be more involved.  It is going to be challenging but amazing.  Yesterday was the first day of us teaching this way and it will be a lesson I will never forget.  The spirit that was there was so strong and I know all of the girls felt it.  Several girls shared personal stories of things they have been through and experiences they have had to testify to them that Heavenly Father is real. 
I shared an experience I had on Saturday night with Payton.  She had a fever and couldn't sleep because of her cough.  We were in our bedroom laying on the floor when Payton grabbed my hand and said, "We need to say a prayer, but you better say it."  We sat up and prayed together.  I asked for her cough to subside so that she could get the rest she needed.  It was only 5 minutes later when Payton was sound asleep.  I laid by her staring  at her perfect little face and said a silent prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for the blessing that just took place.
I know that this new curriculum has come forth at the right time and that it is not only what our youth need but what I need.  I am excited for this challenge to feel the spirit more and to be more in tune with what the girls need to hear.  I am excited for the testimonies that are going to grow and be strengthened I am excited for our relationships to become stronger and to grow closer to one another.  I am excited to see what experiences the girls will have every week when they receive new challenges and goals.  I am so excited for this Gospel and progress that it makes every single day.  And finally I am so excited to have a part in all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment