Sunday, December 1, 2013

Payton turns 5 & Christmas Tree...

 Before I start with Payton here are a couple of other things to catch up on.  Payton had another field trip, this time we went bowling!

This little man is completely potty trained! I only had one day where I wanted to give up, but I stayed strong and stuck to it.  He did awesome yesterday when we went and cut down the Christmas tree.  No accidents and he went in the wild for the first time.  He thought that was pretty cool changing the snow yellow! Good bye diapers!
 This years Thanksgiving was spent with the Rich family.  We had an excellent dinner with which we stuffed our selves to the miserable stage.. at least I know I did. I love spending time with our family even if we just sit around and talk all day.  It was still a perfect day.
 The day after Thanksgiving was Payton's Birthday! We have a 5 year old!!!! That is a milestone birthday if you ask me! She weighs 38.2  which is in the 40% range, and is 44.75 in. which is 88%.  Tall and skinny!
Again I asked Payton her favorite's questions..
Color:  TURQUOISE!!!
Movie:  The Croods
Book: The Bisquit books and Dream Big Pig
TV Show:  Jake and the Neverland Pirates and My Little Pony
Game: Candy Land
Food:  Turkey Sandwich
Song:  I am a Child of God, and the Champion Song (Roar by Katy Perry)
Activity: Play with Connor and go to school
Princess: Cinderella
Friends: "Avery and Kyra and Lydia, and Weston, umm.. Wyatt and Finley, Meagan and that's all."
 It being a milestone birthday she had her very first friend birthday party.  She requested a My Little Pony Birthday so that's what we did.  The girls pinned the balloons on Pinky Pie, did a pinata, decorated sugar cookies and played Just Dance. I love this group of girls they are all so cute and sweet to each other.



 After Cubby and Goldy died I thought for sure that we would be getting Payton a fish tank for her birthday, but when it came down to it I wasn't loving the idea.  She has a love for every single animal and has such a tender heart that I knew she would love any living thing.  I went to the pet store going between fish, hamsters or a bird.  I did a quick walk by the fish talking myself out of that idea and hung around the birds.  I visited the hamster's and couldn't get over the fact that they have nasty feet and look like mice.  The birds were what I wanted.  And after seeing the TURQUOISE bird it was a given. 
Waiting for her surprise..
 After seeing her..
 So meet the newest member of our family Payton's very own pet parakeet, Misty...
Payton loves Misty and every minute she is away from her she misses her!
"Mom I want a turquoise cake with pink and purple flowers, Oh that will be so pretty huh!"



  Happy Birthday little Peanut! I am so glad that Heavenly Father blessed us with the most beautiful inside and out little girl. I am so happy with all the adventures we have been through because of you.  I am happy that you were the one who first gave us the title, mommy and daddy.  Having you was one of the best decisions we have made.  You truly light up our lives.
 Yesterday was so much fun.  We went on our Christmas tree hunt up Mink Creek Canyon!  This year my Grandma and Grandpa asked to join us.  Having them there was so much fun!
















 Aren't they the cutest Grandparents ever!! Here they are 80 years young hiking through the snow up the mountain!
 Maddie reenacting the Croods..
 Awkward photo...


Mom gave dad an early Christmas present and man are we glad! Using a chain saw is so much easier and quicker.  Dad loves his new little toy!

 I have to say this is my favorite Christmas tradition and adding Grandma and Grandpa to it just made it that much better!

1 comment:

  1. Payton is such a sweetheart and is so so cute! We love her so much. I'm so glad she had a good birthday! And cutting down your tree always looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete