Monday, September 16, 2013

Logan Time Out For Women...

I had such a great uplifting weekend with my mom and sisters at Time out For Women.  Me and Mom went last year and knew we wanted to do it again, but with everyone.  So we made a girls weekend out of it!
 The first speakers were very hard to get into and I worried that that would set the tone for all of the speakers.  Which was not the case! Thank goodness! Here are a few things that I got out of this weekend:
Terry & Fiona Givens: In order to have faith it must be challenged, in order to forgive someone, someone needs to ask for forgiveness.
Sheri Dew: There are more covenant keeping women in the world now than ever before.
Exercise our agency, pray to hear what we need to hear from Heaven.
The whisperings of the spirit are the best way to know who we are.
We were able to have a very spiritual moment and sing with Sheri 3 new verses of As sisters in Zion.  The title was changed to The Sisters of Zion and it was focused on missionary work.  It was such an amazing, overwhelming with spirit moment.  Very cool to say the least.
We all have divine potential.
God expects women to receive revelation.
Women are more in tune to receive revelation when it deals with the family.
Are we timid because we don't know what we have?
What 'card' are we carrying around that can give us greater access?
We are endowed with power.  Even in the Temple we are promised the same highest power.
Harvard, Yale, and Oxford are all great institutions of learning, but the institution of ultimate learning is the Temple.
Receive the fulness of the Holy Ghost by asking the Lord.
Mary Ellen Edmunds: You can't plant judgement and bitterness and hope to receive a harvest of charity, compassion, and joy.
To change our minds we must purposely think.
The planting of Christ like attributes takes time and requires work.
We may not be able to remove something from our memory, but we can choose what stays.
Spiritually minded is life eternal Ü
"Meditation is a form of prayer." David O. McKay
Did you think to pray, I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt. Hymn 185
Think on purpose, more meditation, and more pondering.
 Maddie didn't want to be a part of this picture...
 There that's better...


 Hillary Weeks: Say Love
God keeps his promises
I am a child of God.
Sandra Turley: We need to talk to the creater.
'There will never be a day that I won't think of you'. Phantom of the Opera, think of me
The beautiful thing about motherhood is it's never a finished product.
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
Brad Wilcox: With repentance comes growth, we have the choice to grow.
Endure to the our end.
Endure to the end, it's the only way endurance can last longer than a day.
We will never have to say, if only we had a savior, it will never be a regret.
God is not just proving us, he is improving us.
Jennifer Brinkerhoff Platt: The Lord loves me and wants me back.  Satan hates me and wants to isolate me.
Value order, be engaged, and remember what you have accomplished.
A talk a day keeps Satan Away.
Connect with stories, what is the parable to be learned.
If you would have given me what I wanted, if you had let me settle for something. I wouldn't have seen that you had a better promise for me.
Kris Belcher: Lay our broken heart on the altar and give it to him.
Have a joyful heart and choose to laugh.
We can either live in fear, or turn to our Father with a humble heart.
Examine our hearts and our heart conditions.
 Live higher, be Happier.
 Think Higher "Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard." 2 Nephi 4:16
Believe Higher " for I am God, and mine arm is not shortened; and i will show miracles, signs, and wonders, unto all those who believe on my name." D&C 35:8
Live Higher "..the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do; Therefore, if ye do these things blessed are ye." 3 Nephi 27:21-22


No comments:

Post a Comment