Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Weekend...

I have said this before but I will say it again! The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and July is up there with December as my favorite month! Our celebrations started on Thursday the 3rd!  During the day the kids played in the pool to keep cool.










 Another way to keep cool is to get a haircut...
 Even if he never kept his cool...
Later that day we went up to Logan for a Jennings picnic...
 The boys played ultimate frisbee...









 While waiting for the fireworks we played around with sparklers...




 Logan always puts on a good show...


It's a must to meet back at the car for watermelon while the parking lot clears out...


We got up bright and early on the 4th so the kids could be in the parade...

I had to call Nic to have him look out for Payton because once the parade started she took off with the other kids...
We were a little slower since we walked.  Connor started off on his trike, then went to the wagon, then I held him, then he ran.  Next year we might do the train...


After the parade we ate breakfast then they had a candy cannon...

We then made our way to the Farr West parade...
And participated in all of their festivities...



After cooling down from the fun and games we went on a picnic with Nic's parents and Morgan brought Jewel for the kids to ride...


Then it was back to Farr West for fireworks that night...

A little more sparkler fun...





On the 5th we went to Despicable Me 2 with some family members then to Pizza Pie Cafe for lunch...
After lunch wasn't too fun for me...
Carlin is moving to Houston for a few years and this was our last fling for quite some time.  Carlin and I are the BEST of friends.  We do everything together make movies, sleepovers, girl nights, craft days, zoo days, aquarium days,  it even goes so deep that we got engaged only weeks apart, took out our endowments a day apart, married within 3 weeks of each other, and have been pregnant together (both times).  I love her so much and am sure going to miss her and the boys!



After our goodbyes Nic and I took the kids over to my parents so that we could spend the night celebrating our 6th anniversary!
We went to 7 Peaks and had so much fun together. I love taking the kids there but I must say it's so much more fun without them!  We did anything and everything that we wanted.  After they closed because of the storm we went out for dinner then came home and watched a movie.  Thanks to my parents for taking the kids and keeping them overnight so we could get some rest and relaxation!
Saturday was irrigation... 
With the heat and all that water a family water fight could not be resisted...
This weekend was so much fun.  I am so happy for all of these memories we have made with each other!

1 comment:

  1. Bah!! Tears! I hated saying goodbye! Seriously, aside from my parents, that will be the hardest goodbye I make! I LOVE YOU!! Thanks for being my bestie!!

    ReplyDelete